Production was ended to 31.3.2012. This model will be replaced by a model UR5i v2.
3G UMTS/HSUPA router UR5i is used to wirelessly connect various equipments and devices via Ethernet interface 10/100 to the Internet or intranet. Thanks to high data transfer speed, up to 7,2 Mbit/s (download) and upload speed up to 5 Mbit/s it is an ideal wireless solution for traffic and security camera systems, individual computers, LAN networks, automatic teller machines (ATM) and other self-service terminals and machines.
- Transportation and security – wireless transmission provided by cameras, connection of various sensors in trains, vehicles, container transportation assistance and river boats
- IT and communication – safe connection of computers and LAN networks
- Self-service terminals – connection of ATMs, payment and gaming terminals, etc.
- Industry – interconnection of management and operational systems and sensors, SCADA, remote services
- Energy and power industry – connection of wind power plants, solar panels, data transfer provided by gas, oil and water distribution networks and grids
- Metrology, alarm and warning systems – connection of sensors measuring water flow level in rivers, seismographs, precipitation (rainfall) meters, air pollution monitoring devices, meteorological stations
- More Apllications
As standard features, the 3G router UR5i includes one Ethernet port 10/100, 2x USB host ports and 2x SIM cards for communication data backup. The wide range of interface options on the 3G router further expands an optional Port1 selected by the customer – for example Ethernet port 10/100, serial interface ports RS232, RS485, RS422, MBUS or I/O ports. The wireless router is supplied either in a plastic or metal casing, based on the requirements of the customer.
Configuration is done via web interface protected by password. The router supports creation of VPN tunnels using technologies IPsec, OpenVPN and L2TP to ensure safe communication. Web interface provides detail statistics about the router activities, signal strength, detailed log, etc. Router supports functions: DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, VRRP, control by SMS and many other functions.
Other diagnostic functions ensuring continuous communication include automatic inspection of PPP connection with a restart – in case of communication/connection losses, or hardware watchdog which monitors the status of the router. With the help of a special window (start up script window) you may insert Linux scripts for various actions. For some applications the key option to create several different configurations for one wireless router, the so-called profiles (4 independent profiles), and the option to switch between them (for example via SMS, binary input status, etc.) is essential. Cellular wireless routers may automatically upgrade configuration and firmware from server. This allows mass reconfiguration of many routers in one time.
- Standard version in a plastic case – interface 1 x Ethernet 10/100, 2 x USB Host, 2 x SIM
- Standard version in a metal case – interface 1 x Ethernet 10/100, 2 x USB Host, 2 x SIM, 1 x I/O (binary input/output)
- Upon request an optional Port1 – interface Ethernet 10/100, RS232 or RS485/RS422 or MBUS or I/O (CNT)
- Maximum download speed 7.2 Mbit/s, upload 5 Mbit/s
- Supports VPN for secure connection of equipment supporting standards– IPsec, X.509, OpenVPN or L2TP
- Robust industrial construction, connection status monitoring and control, control via SMS and other advanced features based on our previous and successful products – GPRS/EDGE router ER75i and UMTS/HSDPA router UR5
- The router also supports VRRP, DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, GRE etc.
- SNMP to perform diagnostics of selected functions
- Configuration via web interface (also remotely via network, implemented web server)
- Information about the level of GSM signal, detailed event history log, etc.
- Easy firmware update
- Bulk-configuration of UR5i routers present in the network
- Compact dimensions and the option to be attached to DIN bar
- FTP server, option to create user applications
1x ETH 10/100 + 2x USB HOST + 2x SIM, accessories
UR5i ETH set
1x ETH 10/100 + 2x USB HOST + 2x SIM + 1x ETH 10/100, accessories
UR5i RS232 set
1x ETH 10/100 + 2x USB HOST + 2x SIM + 1x RS232, accessories
UR5i RS485/422 set
1x ETH 10/100 + 2x USB HOST + 2x SIM + 1x RS485/RS422, accessories
UR5i MBUS set
1x ETH 10/100 + 2x USB HOST + 2x SIM + 1x MBUS, accessories
UR5i CNT set
1x ETH 10/100 + 2x USB HOST + 2x SIM + 1x I/O (CNT), accessories
Router metal casing (sample UR5i SL set)
Accessories: magnetic antenna, power supply, UTP cable, DIN mounts, CD manual
- Firmware version 4.0 (5 006 kB, ZIP) * (file is available after login)
- User' s guide (6 386 kB, PDF) * (file is available after login)
* These files are only available to registered users. Login or register.